So we are heading to my sisters to cook Thanksgiving dinner which is Mason's 1st Thanksgiving ever!! Yay for him!! We had gone out to get groceries and Mason was very fussy riding...
He usually is so I just let him cry it off, after a few moments he started to cry harder and get really upset so I climbed in the backseat and Amber started driving. I fed him so milk which seemed to help some but he was just so tired and fighting sleep...
We were stopped at a stoplight and Mason started choking, like not coughing and choking, but choking. He stared turning reddish blue. I have never moved so fast in my life! I got him out of the car seat so fast and started hitting him on the back to help him catch his breath. We almost hit the car in front us us trying to pull off the road. We pulled off into a parking lot and I just held Mason and cried as he caught his breath for about 15 minutes and Thanked God that he was ok. Right then I felt so helpless as a mom, and it breaks my heart because I felt I wasn't doing my job as a mom to protect him from everything. Its been 2 days and when we ride in the car I reach back and make sure he is breathing.
I think this will continue for awhile...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYay you have a blog! Didn't know until I saw it on facebook. I know that was so scary for you! Poor Mason! Glad he is ok. I think one of the hardest things about being a mom is how much we second guess ourselves. I remember the first time Marin was hurt. I cried with him. I always ask myself if I am doing the right things for him. I don't think that ever goes away..just part of being a mom.
ReplyDelete